Tuesday 16 September 2008

Spore: Space stage

Well, this post actually talks about everything except the Space stage, because I reached it only at 3.00 AM last night, so I was forced to turn the game off (I have a daytime work, you know).

After trying the demo I bought the game, so how is the full game? Is it worth 54,90 € (italian price)? The answer can be yes, for the most part. Spore is a fun, addictive game, maybe a little short since I arrived at the final stage in two days of gaming.
I also find it a little bit annoying at time, with some stages (the tribal and the civilization ones) a little bit too tedious due to the small repeating tasks and the slow pace. As most reviewers wrote before me, the game feels like an action game, a sim game, a strategy game, all stripped down in some way and packed together. So a little disappointing from this point of view.

BUT they're packed together with the best editors out there (except for the anthem creator), and they are really one of the best accomplishments of videogames of all times. The game also has a plethora of accomplishments, like 50 in all. From the Spore Addict (play for more than 100 hours) to the Deja Vu (see a creature you created before in a new game on a different planet).
And the cutscenes are too much fun, I will play the whole game again just to see them.

So yes, it was worth it. I expect to create at least 50 beings before the end of the month...

No comments:

Post a Comment